Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OUR 2010 MISSION TRIP: MEET OUR MISSIONER OF THE YEAR


Hello, Beloved parents, friends and sponsors of MFC!

Our 2010 mission trip is here; we are leaving in two weeks. Our Missioner of the year is James Salvatore Studiale, from Lalekand, Florida.

Please, read James' letter and support our 2010 mission in any way you can.

Blessings upon blessings!

Your Faithful Servants at MFC!



Dear Friends and Family,
As some of you may have heard I am going to be traveling to Africa during the fall. I will be spending a generous thirty-two days living in the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo). Like most of the trips I take this will truly be an adventure. Unlike most of my trips however this one will not be taken for the sake of recreation but rather for service. I will be living, working, participating and sharing the fruits of the Christian faith with sixty-two orphaned children of the Congo. These young people have been adopted by a mission called Mercy for Children which was founded in 2007 by good friend Father Gabriel Ipasu. This mission offers refuge to orphaned children of the Congo, provides them with healthcare, nutrition, education and an opportunity to explore the Christian faith and come to know the real love of God. These young people are truly blessed for they are among an estimated fourteen million orphans present in the Congo. Many of these orphans are exploited and tragically become child soldiers fighting in wars or are sexually exploited and abused.
There are three elements to this mission. The first is to demonstrate the love and compassion that we as both Americans and Christians have for these young people. My presence should promote hope as well as interest in the world outside of the DRC. The second element of this mission is to use the knowledge and skills that I have accumulated here in America and make use of them there. This will involve teaching young people English, building useful structures, helping with sanitation and applying other knowledge that I take for granted here in the USA to improve their lives. The third is the opportunity to bring items from America and deliver them directly to the young people. Simple items that we take for granted here in the USA are not available in the DRC and providing these items will improve the lives and bring joy to these children. The way I have been looking at it is if I put a few hours of effort forth here in America, the items I bring can create hundreds of hours of joy for these children. I will be able to bring as many as five extra luggage bags along on my flight over. Among the items in these bags will be tools, clothing, athletic equipment and hygiene products. I hope to erect a soccer field and bring items such as jerseys, shoes and balls so the kids can continue playing long after I leave. There is space for many other items so I will be happy to hear ideas.
There are three purposes of this letter, the first being to inform you of the details of my adventure and ask for your prayers as I travel and work. The second is to ask for your ideas and suggestions as to what I can bring to these children and what I can do here to help them efficiently once I arrive there. The third purpose is to ask for support. We need items here that we can pack and bring directly to the children. Beyond items we would certainly welcome cash donations. Cash will enable us to afford bringing as many bags as possible along on our flight. Cash will also enable us to purchase items in the DRC that need not be packed and transported from America. It is a third world country but the village I will be staying in, though isolated, is not very far from the capitol and largest city in the DRC, Kinshasa. Having cash on hand will enable Father Gabriel and I to purchase items that I could not have previously anticipated needing. Father Gabriel assures me that any donation or support is tax deductible and a receipt will be created and mailed for your records.

This adventure will certainly become one of the most significant and influencing experiences of my life. I have lived an exciting and fortunate life and hope to enable these children to do the same. Your prayers, ideas and support will be graciously accepted and appreciated by both me and the many young people I will interact with in the DRC.
For those who are interested in learning more about this mission check out http://www.mercyforchildren.org/
I will be posting a blog on this site before and during my trip which departs October 19th.
Thank you for your time in reading,
God Bless
James S. Studiale

I can be reached at; jsstudia@gmail.com or 863-640-1751
I will be away during the month of September. I will be in touch as soon as I return on October 2nd.

No comments: