Thursday, November 18, 2010






Photos
-Teachers
-Students
-School
-My Birthday with dancers and Staff
-Swimming hole
-The new little devil i described in the last post
-Doctors and nurses that helped me with my foot

I am waiting for photos to upload. I am also waiting on Father as i do frequently in Africa. But hes very busy and i feel bad for him.
The last couple days i have be hanging out with the girls. They learned of the capabilities of super glue and have brought me an endless number of shoes and accessories to repair. i am happy to do so. They have been following me and though they often forget i dont speak French we have been sharing a lot of fun. Little Gracia, Asnet, Divine, Betty and Jenny are among them. they are the sweetest things, and suddenly i dont think my life will end if God gives me a baby girl one day. I hang out with the older girls to Iesha, Sara, Annie and one who has slipped my mind, might come back to me. The girls are in charge. the boys play and goof off all day but as i told George yesterday the girls "take care of business". They keep fights from happening, correct the children who do wrong and keep the social affairs under control. Iesha and me have become particularly close. Yesterday she was eating a habanero pepper and squirted it in her eye. Girl is tuff. I would have been histerrical, she grabbed flour forced into and around her eye and sat for a half hour. I think she is the oldest girl there, maybe the oldest orphan. The people here dont age like they do in the States. The oldest boy Moses who looks like he is 15 is 19. Maybe its something in the water or chicken/beef. That brings me to another point. Eating Organic. The people here have one of the most organic diets imaginable. Everything comes straight from the ground or straight from the farm. When i say farm its not like North Carolina pig farm carrying hundreds of thousands of genetically enhanced swine which are fed antibiotics and god knows what else. these farms are in backyards or on hill sides and at most sustain 5o pigs. Everything is very local, which is one of the neatest characteristics about this place. I wish i could journey to another province in the country to enhance my perspective. I am lucky to have read the Deep Economy while in a third world country, it has really made an impact on me. The people here don't get Cancer either. Cases of Cancer are very rare according to the few educated people i have asked, including the doctors from Europe. they do have several other health issues, but you can see the causes. The children are beautiful. They have straight teeth, far straiter than us Americans. there faces are symmetric and bright. there bodies are muscular and defined. Every picture i take the kids look great. it could be cause of how happy and excited they are. I know when i take photos in america i have to take a few of the same shot to ensure that everyone was looking their best. Temperature here has been nice and comfortable durring the last three days. he have certainly entered the Congo rainy season. it rains at night and in the afternoon. Thats another interesting thing. George and several of his adult English students approached me the other day and wanted to know about weather, time change, and outer space. I told them about the water cycle and how a cooling atmosphere causes water vapor to consolidate and fall to the earth as precipitation. I told them about the equator and how the earth rotates causing different weather in different parts of the planet. I showed them pictures from Alaska, told them about global warming and climate change. Told them about the burning of fossil fuels contributing to the warming. They were awwed and scared at the same time. then i told them about the planets and the solar system and they think i am lying. They also wondered how michael jackson could get to the moon. At the end of the conversation all of them were far more worldly than before. Once again i appreciate my education. Hope all i told them was correct. They all want to know more, so i agreed that ill correspond with George while in the united states and send him lots of literature and information about the world and science. This is just a small village, imagine how many people dont know about all the incredible scientific discoveries of our time. I did not proof read so sorry if there are abundent errors i got to go Chow

No comments: