Tuesday, September 22, 2009






Thank you to all of you who have been keeping up with our blog. Thank you for your supports and feedback; big thanks to mama Elizabeth, papa Douglas, mama Shannin, mama Barbara and Papa Paul and all their surrounding for their uplifting feedback and comments.
I got back to Lakeland/Florida yesterday evening; a long flight, 4 stops and lots of eating.
I am now busy trying to find some sleep and catch up with everything here. I am so grateful I did not fall sick, not even a feeling. I am yet to know if it will be the same now that I am back in US; so good to be back and feel clean and smooth of course. I must have lost some significant weight; I am feeling quite light, somehow empty and divided. This is part of the transition and I miss the kids and the entire Community of the orphanage. I managed to say bye without a lot of crying, but there were a lot of sadness on our faces.
My last days at the orphanage and my first day in US, a real marathon!
Towards the end of my days down there, instead of slowing down, I really worked myself to the bone. I managed to accomplish quite a lot and left a lot of unfinished projects (as usual).
I went to visit the piece of land we bought last year and talk to the chief. I then spent the rest of my time giving out presents, gifts and few special things from the container and from what I brought. Few meetings had to take place; had a meeting with girls only and it was fun; a learning time for me. Trying to invite them to serious moral responsibilities and getting them to watch over each other as sisters. I had two of their supervisors and they really helped me communicate with them and keep them under control. I promised to talk to the boys too, but could not make it. I arranged with the director to do it on my behalf.
Shopping for free was a great time for them and a headache for me. They got some new clothes, tooth brushes and pastes from Dr. Tom Fillner and her wife Lissa in Lakeland. Some school uniforms from our Parish school in Lakeland and gifts from friends and adoptive parents. Prayers cards from St. Charles Borromeo Cath. school in Orlando were well received and we prayed for all the intentions.
We've got a nurse and our small medical clinic is born and growing. However, we will really appreciate a dentist visit, even just for a week.
Again, thank you to all of you, our beloved family members and friends of Mercy for Children. We look forward to hearing from you and having you join us for the next mission trip. Keep us in your prayers and best wishes.
Parish work has been piling up at my door and I am already on it.
Great time spent, extremely fulfilling; good to be back here for my parish life and fellowship with all of you.
Blessings from above! See you around!
Fr. Gabe

No comments: