Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Going To Meet The Kids

We're going to meet the kids this afternoon. We've separated the suitcases of stuff into several piles: children's clothes, adult clothes, toys, and medicine. We'll deliver just some of the candy and toys this moring and bring the rest later.

Before we load up for the 1.5 hour ride to the orphanage we took a walk in the very affluent or wealthy secion of the city - I can only imagine what the poor section looks like!

We just finished lunch; last night's fish head curry and spinach as well as some new things like french fries. Evidently they don't waste anything and since Paul is the only one eating the fish - all those trips to Asia has gotten him acclimated to exotic foods - we'll be having it again until it's done. Paul is going to have to step it up and take one for the team.

BTW...Beth drank some water from the faucet and while I don't wish her any ill will, it should make for some great material if she gets Montazuma's revenge. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Our prayers are with you.

David & Janice

Anonymous said...

wow guys be safe and take pictures for me and when you get backk i'll try and come out and see them and you can all tell me the stories : )

p.s. BE SAFE and make sure ashton doesnt do anything dumb please haha


Keaton

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Sounds exciting. Paul your Dad gave me the info to view the blog. We will keeping viewing and praying for you all as you continue your journey! Dollar on a String trick...hmmm!I was once the victim of this in college. How fun! Hope Beth is okay! Look forward to reading about meeting the children! So excited for you all to have this experience! Can't wait to hear all about it when you all get home! Be safe you all are in our prayers!
Tim,Kendra, Cole and Drew

Big Sis said...

Beth...Does the drinking the tap water have to do with you drinking everyone elses drinks?

Shan - I would have LOVED to see your face when they brought you out the fish curry...we can't even eat fish with the skin on the bottom, remember Bonefish?

Anonymous said...

Paul and Shannin you and the family are in my prayers. I can only say after reading your blog I am so thankful for water plants. good roads and sanitation. By the way, I am Turra. I have been good friend with Paul's mom for many years. I will keep reading the blog and hope to see you all the next time I get to Florida.